Just a small update, the following features, bugs have been fixed.
- Added feature to turn VR mode off
- Added feature so you no longer need a game controller
- Fixed issue with be able to place objects in other peoples worlds
- Fixed a few crashes!
Please check out
So, tonight I decided just to punt out Virtual Worlds. Probably a silly move but nothing has been happening lately with it due to work stuff, a 3 week long cough, 2 birthdays, Christmas and home life!
I will soon know how bad it is!
I managed to do some useful bug fixes, tested it on a couple of controllers etc. More will come soon!
What does it have?
- Main world has little huts which is your door way to the other worlds
- It has some built in help to tell you what buttons do what.
- It has some nice new textures but sadly very limiting at the moment
- You can see other players in the game, pretty poor graphics but that will be fixed very soon
- You can create your own little minecraft type world 🙂 though very basic!
- Once I see it in the Google Store, I will test it works 🙂 (releases always seem to cause some odd bug)
- I need to add some more textures ASAP
- A way for people to report bugs
- A way for people to talk to each other!
Google Play Link
So, Virtual Worlds, hmm I had planned to release that by the end of the month however a few things have come up! Man Flu has not helped me code, the snot just goes everywhere!
I have also had a few other things on!
Excuses over, where are we?
- Started getting a better set of textures together thanks to Gary
- Made a very rough simple player model which maybe be replaced by a OBJ file
- Fixed lots of bugs
- Created a control screen showing controls etc
- Improved the navigation throughout the app
- Implemented some speaking help notifications
- Got Google Cloud Messaging working however not sure why I need it now.
- Moved to Live server!
Left to do by 1st December
- Improve player object
- Finish texture pack off
- Make scalable zone object
- Fix any controller issues
- Allow user interaction maybe using GCM
- Allow players to fly in zones if they own them to help build them
Wish me luck!
What? a? Virtual Worlds? What a sh*t name? Your probably right but its just better than Android 3D mmo thingy!
Progress so far? I would of liked to give it more time but some times I am not in the mood, sometimes I can’t get out of the mood which also leads to lack of sleep! Last night I had beer! (not a usual thing sadly)
What can you do so far?
- Register, login
- Navigate the main world, which will allow you to enter player zones and create your own zones.
- You can see other players (as cubes) move about
- Once in your own zone, you can place cubes to make structures (see below) this has been vastly improved.
- You can climb your structures to make bigger structures (I had to make a stair case to to make the archway)
- You can enter delete mode in your zone and delete things with ease
- Started adding back in the voice engine, sound effects etc
- There are now system text messages to show you important information
- Players and zones have text above them showing their username
So to get it to the point where I can alpha test it I would like to do the follow
- Create a 3D model for players as they are currently cubes
- Make a 3D object for a zone, this should grow as the zone gets more popular / better in some way
- Find a wider range of textures snow, grass, wood, etc
- Create a control help screen to list gamepad controls
- Make all commands voice activated (may get dropped)
- Allow you to send messages to users (may be text or voice)
- Create some sort of reason to play the game, prices, score boards etc.
- Implement GCM (push notifications)
The aim is to have a demo zone thats setup for xmas when I release alpha:)
Off to bed!