What? a? Virtual Worlds? What a sh*t name? Your probably right but its just better than Android 3D mmo thingy!
Progress so far? I would of liked to give it more time but some times I am not in the mood, sometimes I can’t get out of the mood which also leads to lack of sleep! Last night I had beer! (not a usual thing sadly)
What can you do so far?
- Register, login
- Navigate the main world, which will allow you to enter player zones and create your own zones.
- You can see other players (as cubes) move about
- Once in your own zone, you can place cubes to make structures (see below) this has been vastly improved.
- You can climb your structures to make bigger structures (I had to make a stair case to to make the archway)
- You can enter delete mode in your zone and delete things with ease
- Started adding back in the voice engine, sound effects etc
- There are now system text messages to show you important information
- Players and zones have text above them showing their username
So to get it to the point where I can alpha test it I would like to do the follow
- Create a 3D model for players as they are currently cubes
- Make a 3D object for a zone, this should grow as the zone gets more popular / better in some way
- Find a wider range of textures snow, grass, wood, etc
- Create a control help screen to list gamepad controls
- Make all commands voice activated (may get dropped)
- Allow you to send messages to users (may be text or voice)
- Create some sort of reason to play the game, prices, score boards etc.
- Implement GCM (push notifications)
The aim is to have a demo zone thats setup for xmas when I release alpha:)
Off to bed!